Students who are searching for NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 8 History Chapter 8 Civilising the Native, Educating the Nation with Answers Pdf free download are compiled here to get good practice on all fundamentals. Know your preparation level on MCQ Questions for Class 8 Social Science with Answers. You can also verify your answers from our provided Civilising the Native, Educating the Nation Class 8 MCQs Questions with Answers. So, ace up your preparation with MCQ of Chapter 8 History Objective Questions.
Civilising the Native, Educating the Nation Class 8 MCQs Questions with Answers
Appearing Students of Class 8 Exams can download MCQ on Civilising the Native, Educating the Nation Class 8 with Answers from here. By practicing Class 8 History Chapter 8 MCQ with Answers, you can score well in the exam. Download Class 8 SST History Chapter 8 MCQ in PDF format from the below access links and start practicing on a regular basis for better subject knowledge.
1. Name the person who arrived in Calcutta in 1783 and was appointed as junior judge at the Supreme Court.
(a) Warren Hastings
(b) Lord Comwalis
(c) William Jones
(d) Henry Thomas
Answer: (c) William Jones
Those with a scholarly knowledge of the language and culture of Asia were known as:
Answer: (b) Orientalists
Hindu College was established in Benaras in:
Answer: (d) 1791
Charles Wood despatch was also known as:
(a) Wood’s Despatch
(b) Wood’s Commission
(c) Macaulay Committee
(d) Court of Directors
Answer: (a) Wood’s Despatch
In 1830’s a Scottish missionary who toured the districts of Bengal and Bihar was:
(a) Williams Carey
(b) William Adam
(c) Thomas Babington
(d) Charles Wood.
Answer: (b) William Adam
What would you call a person who knows several languages ?
Answer: (b) Linguist
Complete by choosing the most appropriate word from the following list of options. The introduction of ………………………….. brought with it ideas of democracy, liberty, fraternity among the minds of Indians
(a) Western education
(b) Subsidiary alliance
(c) Doctrine of Lapse
(d) Expansion policies
Answer: (a) Western education
Who started the journal Asiatick Researches?
(a) Henry Thomas Colebrooke
(b) Warren Hastings
(c) William Jones
(d) Max Muller
Answer: (c) William Jones
The temples of darkness that were falling of themselves into decay. Who said these words about the Calcutta Madrasa and Benares Sanskrit College?
(a) Lord William Bentick
(b) Lord Dalhousie
(c) Lord Ripon
(d) Lord Macaulay
Answer: Lord Macaulay
How did the European learning improve the moral character of Indians?
(a) It would expand the trade and commerce
(b) It would make them truthful and honest
(c) It would make the Indians realize the importance of developing resources of the country
(d) It would make them change their tastes and desires and create a demand for British goods
Answer: (d) It would make them change their tastes and desires and create a demand for British goods
Tagore wanted to combine the elements of ……………………. with traditional Indian Education.
(a) Eastern Education
(b) Western Education
(c) religious education
(d) Local education
Answer: (b) Western Education
Rural ……………………… which accepted new rules were supported through government grants by the Company.
Answer: (a) Pathshalas
The ……………………. established the University of Bombay.
Answer: (a) British
……………………..city is situated on the banks of river Hooghly.
Answer: (b) Calcutta
…………………… had argued that English education had enslaved Indians
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Raja Rammohan Roy
(c) Sardar Patel
(d) Rasbehari Bose
Answer: (a) Mahatma Gandhi
Write true (T) or false (F)
1. William Jones was a linguist who has studied Greek and Latin at Oxford, knew French and English.
2. Madrasa was set up in Benaras in 1781 to promote the study of Arabic, Persia and Islamic law.
3. Munshi is a person who can read, write and teach Persian.
4. In 1858, The Court of Director of East India Company in London sent an Educational Despatch to the Governor-General in India.
5. Adam, the Scottish missionary found that there were over 1 Lakh pathshalas in Bengal and Bihar.
Match the following
|1. Macaulay’s minute||(a) Santiniketan|
|2. William Adams||(b) English Education Act of 1835|
|3. Rabindranath Tagore||(c) Hindu College|
|4. 1791 in Benaras||(d) junior judge at the Supreme Court|
|5. William Jones||(e) Scottish missionary|
|1. Macaulay’s minute||(b) English Education Act of 1835|
|2. William Adams||(e) Scottish missionary|
|3. Rabindranath Tagore||(a) Santiniketan|
|4. 1791 in Benaras||(c) Hindu College|
|5. William Jones||(d) junior judge at the Supreme Court|
Fill in the blanks
1. Wood’s Despatch also argued that European learning would improve the ……………………… characters of
2. Mahatma Gandhi argued that colonial education created a sense of ……………………… in the minds of Indians.
3. In many senses Tagore and Mahatma Gandhi thought about ……………………… in similar ways.
4. Someone who knows and studies several ……………………… is linguist.
5. William Jones set up ……………………… Society of Bengal.
6. James Mill was one of those who attacked the ……………………… .
Picture Based Questions
1. Who was Henry Thomas Cookbrooke?
He was a scholar of Sanskrit and ancient sacred writings of Hinduism.
2. Whom does the monument belong to?
Monument belongs to Warren Hastings.
3. Along with whom is Mahatma Gandhi sitting with.
He is sitting with Kasturba Gandhi and Rabindranath Tagore.
4. What does the picture shows?
The picture shows a class in progress in Santiniketan in the 1930’s.
Use the above-provided NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 8 History Chapter 8 Civilising the Native, Educating the Nation with Answers Pdf free download and get a good grip on the fundamentals of real numbers topic. Need any support from our end during the preparation of Civilising the Native, Educating the Nation Class 8 MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers then leave your comments below. We’ll revert back to you soon.